Search This Blog

Monday, January 7, 2013

Out and About: Skiing in Vermont


I have not posted much lately. I am too busy having fun with family and friends. I spent some time in Vermont and skied at Pico Mountain. For those interested Vermont Adaptive Ski and Sports is a great adaptive sport organization. My good friend John told me I broke a lot of bad habits this week. For me the challenge of skiing is largely mental. The best part of skiing though is the lift and views from the top of the mountain. Had two great days of skiing. One day was bitter cold--well below zero. The second day it snowed off and on and was much warmer. I am sure when my son Tom returns to school at Hofstra University I will be posting on a regular basis again.

2 comments:

Nessie Siler said...

William,

Which part of VT. were you in? I was visiting the in-laws in the North East Kingdom around the same time as your ski adventure. :)


Nessie

william Peace said...

Nessie, I ski with Vermont Adaptive at Pico, Killington, Bolton Valley, and Sugar Bush. Last week I was at Pico. The North East Kingdom is gorgeous.